Webmasters spend time implementing different techniques to gain exposure and rank high on SERP’s. Some of them experience down ranking of their website, and may be confused and unaware of the reasons why it happens. Mentioned below are the reasons that contribute to the down ranking of your website.
Reasons for down ranking of a website:
- Keyword stuffing
- Duplicate or irrelevant content
- High number of outbound links
- Harmful or extraneous links on your site
- Outbound links to low quality sites
- Duplicate pages
- Forum posting or blogging on low ranking sites
- Multiple domain names that redirect to the same site
- Excessive link exchanges
- Broken links
- Slow loading of pages
- Text link ads/link selling
- Ranking algorithms change by search engine
All of these factors can hurt your search engine rankings. Try to avoid these SEO pitfalls and follow search engine guidelines to ensure a good ranking for your website.
The Westchester SEO experts at Matts & Davidson, Inc. offer cost effective and customized solutions to your online marketing needs. Call 800-353-8867 to learn how Matts & Davidson, Inc. can help your business.